Sunday, January 06, 2008

Scenes from the Growing Food Crisis: On Finding My Work

Regular readers will probably have noticed the quiet here this last week. That's because the last five days were spent in intensive work with my co-author, Aaron Newton, on our book _A Nation of Farmers_. This is our only chance to be in the same room before the book is completed this spring, so we felt obligated to spend every moment focusing on how we as a society are to keep ensuring that we all eat.

Not only were we driven by limited time together, but by the rising pressure of food insecurity that is playing out all over the world. Here are just a few of the news stories that have come across my desk in the last week or so. Individually and collectively they point to a real, deep, and serious food crisis.

http://news.mongabay.com/2007/1227-fao.html

'As world food prices continue to surge, 37 countries are facing critical food crises due to conflict and disasters, according to a report from the U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO).
FAO's global food price index rose 40 percent this year to the highest level on record. Food costs in the world's poorest countries — including Iraq, Afghanistan, Nepal, Pakistan, and 20 African countries — rose 25 percent to $107 billion.


"Urgent and new steps are needed to prevent the negative impacts of rising food prices from further escalating and to quickly boost crop production in the most affected countries," said FAO Director-General Jacques Diouf in a press conference last week at FAO's Rome headquarters.

"Without support for poor farmers and their families in the hardest-hit countries, they will not be able to cope. Assisting poor vulnerable households in rural areas in the short term and enabling them to produce more food would be an efficient tool to protect them against hunger and undernourishment." '

http://www.reuters.com/article/environmentNews/idUSL1951495520071219

"Asian nations, many at risk from climate change, must invest more in urban and indoor farming to help feed the hundreds of millions of people in their growing cities, the World Meteorological Organisation said on Wednesday"

http://www.financialpost.com/story.html?id=213343

"A new crisis is emerging, a global food catastrophe that will reach further and be more crippling than anything the world has ever seen. The credit crunch and the reverberations of soaring oil prices around the world will pale in comparison to what is about to transpire, Donald Coxe, global portfolio strategist at BMO Financial Group said at the Empire Club’s 14th annual investment outlook in Toronto on Thursday."

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/a74e1668-ac42-11dc-82f0-0000779fd2ac.html

Global food prices will come under further pressure today as benchmark prices for cereals at much higher levels come into operation, making it almost inevitable that a second wave of food price inflation will hit the world's leading economies.

In Chicago wheat and rice prices for delivery in March 2008 have jumped to an all-time record, soyabean prices are at a 34-year high and corn prices at an 11-year peak.

Knock-on price rises are set to hit consumers in coming months, raising inflationary pressure and constraining the ability of central banks to mitigate the slowdown in their economies. Knock-on price rises are set to hit consumers in coming months, raising inflationary pressure and constraining the ability of central banks to mitigate the slowdown in their economies."

And

"The US Department of Agriculture has predicted that global corn stocks will fall to a 33-year low of just 7.5 weeks of consumption, while global wheat stocks will plunge to their lowest level in at least 47 years at 9.3 weeks."

Just as I once wrote that over the last year I have shifted my rhetoric on peak oil and climate change from talking about what may be to speaking of what is, it is now time for all of us to stop speaking of hypotheticals when we are thinking about famine. We are not now short of food - fair and just systems of distribution could still avert the worst outcomes. But those are not the systems we have in place.

So the question becomes, both for Aaron and I in our book, and for our society as a whole, how do we change that? How do we change our food systems so that what we eat and what we grow keeps justice in mind? How do we put new systems in place that maximize food production and minimize inputs? How do we do this quickly, but with minimal destruction?

Those are incredibly hard questions to answer in many ways. And while we have some ideas and solutions for some of those questions and a host of others, we don't claim to know everything. A lot of times, we feel like we don't know anything at all. Which is why I will be writing a lot about food over the coming months here, throwing ideas out to my readers for comment and critique, thinking the questions through with your help.

I wonder sometimes if it is crazy for the two of us to take up the most basic questions of our society, to act as though we know enough to find a solution for such a vast problem. My training is in Shakespeare, poetry, language, history. Aaron's is in landscape architecture and journalism. Shouldn't this job be being done by someone more famous, more important, better trained, more knowledgeable? And, of course, it is being done by some people who fit those descriptions.

But when I feel least certain that we can do the things that are needed, when I most see myself as inadequate to the task, I'm reminded of four quotations that I'd like all my readers to look at, and think a little on. The thing is, I suspect a lot of us are in the same boat - we spent our lives preparing for a different world and life than the one we're faced with. And now we know this stuff about peak oil and climate change and the world, and we have to do something. But how can we? How can *WE* do something, when we're not trained, or prepared, or ready? When we're not activists or leaders by nature? When we have fears and doubts and weaknesses?

There's so very much work that needs to be done that it can get overwhelming. How do we narrow things down? None of us can do it all, so how do we know what to do, when to step up? How do we put ourselves forward into places we weren't fully prepared to go, into roles we aren't wholly ready for?

The first three are very short, the third, longer:

"We are what we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut

I have loved Kurt Vonnegut's writing since I was a teenager, but this quotation particularly has always struck me. When I became a peak oil writer, instead of a weird chick with a crazy blog (which, let us note, is a process, not a moment, and still has not happened in many circles ), and people started listening to me, I didn't see any difference in me that would make anyone take me seriously. I still don't. I still don't know everything I need to. I still make stupid mistakes. I'm still not perfectly trained for this work. I'm faking it. But maybe all of us are faking it a little. Maybe the line between real and pretend isn't that thick, and if I go about pretending, not that I have all the answers, but that I am doing this work and learning on the job, and that's sufficient, maybe that will be enough.

"She did not cry, 'I cannot, I am not worthy,'
Nor 'I have not the strength.'
She did not submit with gritted teeth,
raging, coerced.
Bravest of all humans,
consent illuminated her." - Denise Levertov

I came across this poem in the same place I found the following one, in one of Annie Lamott's wonderful, funny books. Levertov is talking about Mary, mother of Jesus, and Annie Lamott quotes this poem, and then follows it with the line "This is so, so not me." Well, it isn't me either. I'm not real holy here, and not much of a Mariologist. But I like very much the notion that consent can illuminate us. I think sometimes simply consenting to do the work may be the big transition - we go along thinking hard about ourselves as one sort of person, doing one sort of thing, and suddenly, we have to find a new way to understand ourselves.

Sometimes we know what we want to do, but often, the work finds us. This was how it was for me - like many of us, maybe most of us, here I was growing my family's food and writing about that, and about a few other things. It was a hobby at most, I, like millions of other people, was putting down my thoughts on a particular passion of mine on the internet. And when it came time to sit down and figure out (only a couple of years ago) what I would do when the kids got a little bigger, "Writer" wasn't even on the list. "Peak Oil Writer" wasn't a job, as far as I knew. So to say I didn't plan to embark on the career I'm on doesn't even begin to describe it - I didn't know this career existed. I had read people like Heinberg, Darley, Kunstler - but the idea that they too wandered into their work by confronting an idea and coming to see it as theirs never occurred to me.

Two years later, I'm a peak oil writer (as well as a host of other things), doing this job I didn't know existed. The work found me. And I would bet that some of you are have been found by some of this work. I hope you will take it up.

"...one of the immutable laws of being human is that the people who show up are the right people." - Annie Lamott

Could this possibly be true? That is, could it be true that we some how, trusting our intuitions and our guts, know what our proper work is, what we can contribute to the world? None of us can do everything we need to in the world. Trying to do so will drive us mad. But all of us can find a piece of the project, a limited part of what desperately needs to be done, can trust the part of us that says "this is my proper work in the world" and pick that up and go on with it.

I don't know what your work is - heck, I didn't know what mine was. Maybe your job is to start a small, local seed company that will serve your area, or to help families in need in your spare time. Maybe your work is to spread the word about climate change to your friends and family, or to write position papers for a Senator. Maybe your work is a very small piece of everything - to tend this patch of ground, to care for these particular people who need you. Maybe your work is much larger - to transmit this idea or make this policy change. Maybe your work will change over time - maybe right now you are head down in a medical crisis, or new fatherhood or school and your work is to get yourself to a place where you can take on a little more later - and then you'll find what else there is. Or maybe you are moving from one kind of work to another to match your interests or your needs. Some of us will have a single immutable project, others a host of them, or a shifting pattern of pies we put our fingers in.

But, I would argue, all of us are the right people for some work. All of us have the obligation to show up, to the extent of our abilities, to stretch ourselves a little, to take on a piece of this, and maybe just a little more than we can possibly achieve.

Finally, a long quote that I may have used before here, but that I repeat because I believe it is so important.

I discovered in my earlier research on international conflict resolution that however intractable an intersocietal conflict may be, there are always people working on the solution. Pick the direst time in the Middle East conflict, for example, and you can find someone hidden away in a basement drawing up maps for the water and sewer lines, the lines that will connect the two societies and that must be built when peace is reached, as inconceivable as that tis at the time. Someone else is sketching the constitution for the new country, the one that is also inconceivable at the time. And someone else is outlining the terms of trade for the as yet unproduced goods that will traverse the two societies' border....Surrounded by intense conflict, hatred and violence, these people appear the fool, idealists who do not know or can not accept the reality of their societies' situation. If they really knew that situation, others would say, they would be 'realists;' they would concentrated their efforts on hard bargaining, economic incentives and military force. But, in practice, when a threshold is passed, when leaders shake hands or a jailed dissident is freed or families from the two sides join together, everyone casts about for new ways to organize. - Thomas Princen

I came to this by accident. I was interested, and I noticed "I don't think anyone has ever written about this" and "I wonder if this might be helpful." And it turned, oddly enough, into part of a career. But even if it hadn't, it would still have been my right work. The moment I noticed that no one was doing something that needed doing, I had begun the process of entry into the great project of ameliorating and regenerating. Because the answer to "this needs doing" is almost always "Great, why don't you get started." I didn't know where getting started would take me. Sometimes I still wonder if I'm the right person, often consent does not illuminate me, sometimes I'd just as soon do something else. But the truth is this - the work must be done by someone, and why not me?

And why not you? Perhaps food isn't your thing, but water systems, or energy policy, or conflict resolution or green education is. Perhaps food is your thing, and you don't have the slightest idea what to do - do you buy a farm, do you join a CSA, start a community garden, begin a coop?

I can't tell you. I can only tell you this. The work is out there, and it is as much as all of us can do. And the right people are the ones, illuminated by consent, who take on a project, and a vision of the future, claim it as their own, and go forward, in all our limitations.

If you feel inadequate to the job, welcome to the club! If you feel you don't know enough, have enough strength or courage or skill, I'm glad to meet you - we're in the same boat. If you think that this is a job for someone with authority, I'm going to tell you my secret. The week before I was a farmer, I was a grad student with a seed and some dirt I had no idea what to do with. The day before I was a peak oil writer I was a Mom with grubby children and dirty dishes and a blog. The transition from inadequacy to authority is only this - one more day of trying, one more experiment, one person who knows even less than you do, the willingness to try, at least, to help them, and the illumination of consent.

I wish you all good work.

Sharon

26 comments:

Elins trädgård said...

I really, really love this post! Thank you for articulating what's been in my mind for a long time. I had no words for it but the phrase "the illumination of consent" got me thinking really hard.

Now I'll just let the right kind of work find me ;-))

I sometimes think writing might be it - I've written a thesis, a couple of academic books and lots of papers and reports. Maybe I could write about something important outside of my academic work... (I'm an archaeologist)

I, too, blog about climate change, cooking, growing my own food etc,(it's in Swedish, though, and not readable to most people) and I've started to think it might be a book sometimes... but I'll let the work find me! And I will consent graciously...

Christina
in Sweden

Shamba said...

What a wonderful blog you have here, Sharon. Thanks for all you write here.

Anonymous said...

For low energy cropping its just got to be trees - fruit and nuts - but it means a change of eating habits and in health - not a winner with the health insurance industry!!

Good on you girl,.
Sololeum

Anonymous said...

About 12 years ago a former farm kid now teacher his physical therapist wife with a bit of a lazy streak :) decide to start a CSA.
This year will be our eleventh and its strange to me to feel an increasing responsiblity to produce food folks need not just want.
Its also odd to be one of a handful of folks stewarding farming knowledge.

I also have a lot to learn re producing food for year round use. Proper processing and storage as well as growing things like dried beans (tried a bit without much sucess) and wheat (haven't tried).

Dh and I have some talent in animal husbandry but with outside food sources.

I think I should give gardening classes but I don't know where to start :).

Beth in Massachusetts

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your blog. I try my hardest to read everything you write. Sometimes time runs away with me, but I manage to get to most of it... & what I do read really helps keep everything in perspective a lot more.

I hope to find my life's work sometime soon. Or have it find me, as Christina in Sweden phrased it. :) I'm very keen on doing Environmental Management studies, am already involved in Social (Town) Planning.. & with my Industrial Design background, I think that I could really find something wonderful (for everyone). It uplifts me to think about it, regardless of the length of the path ahead.

Thanks for keeping the spark bright & alive in me, & no doubt in others as well, I appreciate your words, research, efforts & thoughts. I love hearing about your family, how you do things at home.. The whole kit & kaboodle.

Happy 2008, may it rain down happiness upon you.

Anonymous said...

A truly inspiring post Sharon. You so clearly identify and eloquently articulate what many of us are feeling but can't even begin to put words to.

You and and a couple other bloggers have inspired me to make many changes in my life over the past year.

I can't wait for your books to come out.

Thank you for all of the time and energy you put into your posts.

Anonymous said...

Chance favors the prepared mind. And, Sharon your mind has been preparing for this work for a long time.

Thanks for your post,

Anna Marie

BoysMom said...

Beth, your local county extension agent might be able to help you with that, a lot of them offer gardening classes. Or you may have a local gardening club or association that would be interested.
Or you could give a note to your CSA folks saying 'I'm doing thus-and-such on such-and-such a date if weather permits, if you want to learn how come over and bring a friend!' and just include people in what you normally do.
I'd go for it, and I already garden, but I'm nowhere near you.
My work, for right now, is making sure my kids and husband are taken care of, and planning for the pretty good odds that family will need a place to stay and food to eat at some point not too far distant.

Anonymous said...

A Potential Solution: farm vertically

http://www.verticalfarm.com/essay.php

Green Bean said...

Wonderful post. Thank you for writing it for all of us out here who know something needs to be done and are struggling to figure out how we can contribute.

Anonymous said...

Many thanks for this post, Sharon. I've been reading your blog for a few months, and it's all interesting, but this was particularly inspirational. One of my favorite quotes, which I encountered in a Grief Recovery program is "it's easier to ACT your way into a new way of thinking than to THINK your way into a new way of acting." Wish I could recall the source to give proper credit.

Anonymous said...

Sharon, I have been reading your blog for a while and find it very inspirational. When I discovered peak oil and its dire implications 3 years ago, I too felt the urge to DO something. At first, I panicked and wanted to escape to New Zealand. But for various personal reasons, my best option was to hoard and shelter in place. But I realized that all around me would be desperation and I would feel compelled to give away my stash to others. What to do?

I concluded that the only way for my family and me to survive the coming economic shock was to help my surrounding community survive along with me. I have doggedly researched food growing methods for the past three years. Along the way, I have changed my shopping and eating habits and have become an environmentalist. Although my career background is social work, not farming, I started an educational business teaching local organizations how to grow food intensively and sustainably. I continue to study and practice food growing methods and I learn constantly from you and from others including Alice Waters, Mel Bartholomew, and Patricia Moreno just to name a few. [By the way they found their food gardening calling outside of their original career fields too.]

I look forward to reading your book and passing along its wisdom. I encourage other inspired new 'farmers' to share what they are learning with their own communities. It cures the peak oil blues.

Sincerely,
Helen
annapolisfoodgardens.com

Anonymous said...

A relevant quote that has become my own touchstone:

"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

Anonymous said...

Thanx so much for this post. This is exactly what I've been struggling with over the past few weeks, whether I really am the right person to be doing this (starting a local food coop in Massachusetts) or if this is the right thing for me to be doing. Because I don't FEEL like the right person - I have no business or management experience or training.

So thank you for all you said in this post. I will forge onward, and learn the things I need to learn, and just keep at it...

Kelley in Massachusetts

Anonymous said...

flag design outsourcing | landing page design outsourcing | static micro sites design outsourcing

arbx said...

صور بنات -
بنات -
اجمل نساء -
العاب للبنات -
ممنوع من العرض - العاب
- دليل -
برامج -
افلام -
العاب اكشن -

فضائح -
اغانى -
منتدى -
برامج الشبكات
- عطعوط -
يلا كورة -
صور -
سكربتات -
المصارعه -
تيوب -
كليبات
- العاب طبخ -
فوتو شوب -
اختراق -
هيفاء وهبى -
سكس -
بروكسى -
ليلى علوي -
89-
دنيا سمير غانم -
مى عز الدين -
اغانى افراح -
الفيس بوك -
سلمى حايك -
صور اطفال -
الهام شاهين -
صور sex
حواء

توبيكات

Unknown said...

The nation's struggling nice and cheap ugg boots economy continued to affect Los Angeles ugg clearance
real estate prices this year, andJordan Fusions the high-end luxury cheap uggs clearance market was no exceptionjordan basketball shoes. Luxury estates that hit the market in 2010 have undergone big price cuts and air force one shoes fluctuations, with homesugg women in upscale neighborhoods seeing large-scale reductions.

Unknown said...

I read your post and I must admit it offered some very useful insight on the topic being discussed.
Being able to get so much useful information in one place definitely enhanced my knowledge.
causes of weight loss

Nike mercurial soccer cleats said...

Said was wonderful, really the best site! Liked by the way best described 2011 Nike soccer cleats.Prefer the all black nike football boots.

Halı Yıkama said...

İstanbul Avrupa Yakası Halı Yıkama
Halı Yıkama Hizmetleri
En İyi Halı Yıkama Hangisi
Evde Halı Yıkamanın Püf Noktaları

梁爵 said...

2020.05.15酒店小姐的基本介紹跟工作內容新冠肺炎疫情逐漸緩和,我在酒店上班的日子八大行業停業超過1個月,酒店舞廳都盼能盡快酒店小姐一定有S?復業,台北市議員林瑞圖15日召開記者會 八大行業是哪八種行業呢?替特殊娛樂工會發聲,盼北市府能讓八大行業恢復營業,北市特殊職場須知 【酒店PT 】娛樂工會副理事長胡繼堯表示,如因疫情關係要實名制,也不是問題,重點是停業一天,對從業人員而言就是酒店打工「零」收入。日前因確診個案379從事八大行業,為避免疫情擴大,中央宣布酒店舞廳一律停業,不過近期疫情和緩,八大業者盼中央能盡快恢復營業,林瑞圖指出,八大行業停業連帶影響許多行業,像是美甲、美髮或計程車業等,而這些人也要維持家計,停業一個月等於收入就停擺,也沒有任何紓困補助。林還說,北市府原本宣布預計5月25日會讓八大復業,中央也沒有意見,但大家長是柯文哲,如市長不答應,也不能開放。胡繼堯說,來到現場的業者都是合法繳稅的酒店,其實很多酒店還是關起門來營業,這也是防疫破口,倒不如採實名制開放營業,工會也會介入輔導執行防疫工作。針對25日如北市府仍不願開放酒店復業,胡表示,一切會配合政府的政策,議員也會持續跟市長協調。在八大行業上班年約30歲的Angel指出,會從事八大行業一定是家裡有困難,不然誰想做八大,但現在停業連房租都繳不出來;在酒店擔任領班的JOJO也說,原本每月都有規畫收入花費,停業後就等於完全沒收入,找家庭代工來做也找不到。

梁爵 said...

2020.05.18酒店小姐的基本介紹跟工作內容受到疫情影響,全台酒店、我在酒店上班的日子遭勒令停業,酒店小姐也暫時失業。一名網友就表示酒店小姐一定有S?,他看到有些新時代的獨立女性都會說,做酒店 八大行業是哪八種行業呢?不一定會賣身,只是趁年輕趕緊存錢,且不偷不搶已經存到人生第一桶金;不過原PO好奇,「酒店妹職場須知 【酒店PT 】不是會被帶出場嗎,難道只是單純吃宵夜?」貼文曝光後引發熱議。原PO在PTT指出,他看到一些新時代的獨立女性,都會說做酒店不一定會賣身,只是趁年輕存錢,「不偷不搶已經存了第一桶金,酸民有嗎?」而這種文章下面一堆女孩點讚,但原PO疑惑,「酒店妹不是會被帶出場嗎,難道只是單純吃宵夜?有沒有酒店打工這方面的八卦?」貼文一岀引發熱議,網友紛紛回應:「不一定賣身是在說別人,用別人的案例說服你」、「好像帶出場做什麼都可以,就是賣時間陪你,但S要另計的樣子」、「就S…不然能幹嘛」、「看是哪種框」。除了發生性行為外,也有過來人舉出自己的經驗,紛紛表示「玩動物森友會」、「麻將缺一位,湊酒店妹不行哦?」「有錢人都花錢帶酒店妹去聊天啊」、「吃清粥小菜」、「唱歌、打保齡球、打撞球、射飛鏢」、「看臉,臉不OK就吃消夜」、「打遊戲王卡」、「踏青旅遊逛書展」、「上次帶一個大學生出場,請她幫我寫期中報告」、「我朋友上次框酒店妹出來幫他解微積分題目,給你參考 」、「談情說愛」、「遊戲王決鬥啊,妹子沒輸過」、「探討人生哲理」、「補習英文啦」、「相約考國考」。

梁爵 said...

2020.08.05【工作相關職場分享必看不敢來酒店上班-酒店打工的原因】就算是酒店應徵也是有求職陷阱的!梁小尊來告訴你。
【工作相關職場分享必看酒店小姐的基本介紹跟工作內容
很多女孩我在酒店上班的日子在網路PTT的疑問:我在Google上網搜尋有找到好幾家酒店在徵酒店助理,可是我一到現場的時候,他們卻要我做酒店公關的工作,讓我感覺得害怕,可是酒店兼差不是一個複雜的工作環境?Google搜尋網頁上面寫的薪水又很誘人,真的很想嘗試看看,但又怕被騙!有人可以告訴我,我該怎麼做嗎?
梁曉尊來幫你解答: 酒店小姐上班通常會取什麼名字?
網路上的應徵酒店助理都是噱頭而已,實際上他們要應徵的都是酒店公關,薪水也是想用高薪來吸引人家進來應徵而已,如果他們看到你,覺得外型不錯,就會開始跟你說做酒店公關的薪水會比較多,就會開始慫恿你做酒店公關,因為酒店最缺的還是小姐,至於其他職務的話,有可能也有缺…但是要看店家需要的人數跟目前還有沒有餘額,如果要應徵酒店類的工作還是打聽清楚會比較安全、比較保險。
酒店助理,薪水也大概在兩萬五左右,跟外面的助理薪水其實是差不多的,不會因為酒店是高消費的地方,所有職務的薪水都會提高。
再來普羅大眾網路PTT時常發問: 酒店小姐去酒店上班都一定要出場接s嗎?如果真的要應徵酒店小姐 有什麼要注意的?要如何保護自己?
當然有些女孩們,因為生活上某些因素,需要酒店小姐這份工作又擔心受騙!沒有方向可尋....
梁曉尊再教你另一種保護自己的方式: 透過Google搜尋酒店經紀的名稱,是否有相關事業! 。如果只是看到漂亮的網頁 ,但沒有任何內容也別輕易相信(因為很多不肖酒店人士,透過假網頁做非法之事)共同點 經紀人名稱Google搜尋不到,更沒有本人照片(女孩們千萬要特別注意)。

梁爵 said...

2020.09.15我想妳肯定沒有【酒店小姐】【酒店公關】這方面的任何經驗吧!!
凡事都有正反兩面,我在酒店上班的日子做任何事也是有失有得,我們並非說教,而是陳述酒店小姐去酒店上班都一定要出場接s嗎?事實酒店兼差不是一個複雜的工作環境?妳只想到美好的一面,何曾想過負面因素嗎?!
這行會有所犧牲(如睡眠時間 和朋友家人相聚的時間 多少要喝酒 遇到鄰居或國中同學怎麼辦..等等)
大家提到酒店都認為有高收入,但是都忘記自己要用甚麼方式去經營或是自己的優點條件到哪?!!
消費花錢是妳情我願,但是怎麼讓客人願意花錢在妳身上這才是重點,建議妳反向思考,若妳是消費者一小時要花那麼多錢 妳會去消費嗎?
想要兩三天的檯費可以領到三四萬的公關...不是沒有~但卻是少數中的少數!
第一要條件優(臉蛋;身材;手腕;談吐)
第二要有固定的老點客人!
第三就是店家辦活動時...客人撒錢買你好幾隻全場幫妳衝人氣或排名!
第四就是要這家店的幹部能力夠強,然後幹部又喜歡用這位公關!
單純的包廂服務有沒有可能賺這麼多檯費?
答案是有....但必須附帶其它因素(當天有客人買不用陪的全場;外加有兩桌以上框檯)
這種事情不是每天有....但是有可能兩檔以內會出現兩三次...純粹要看公關跟幹部怎麼配合 既可以讓幹部有業績 公關有節數 又不會打死客人!
酒店工作不是所想的這麼簡單...也不是只有接S才能賺到錢!當然也不會不接S就等著餓死~~~

梁爵 said...

2020.11.22女大學生酒店打工的故事: 酒店工作-台北酒店專業經紀人總編輯:俄羅斯小說家托爾斯泰的文學作品《安娜.卡列尼娜》在開場即說到,「幸福的家庭無不相似,不幸的家庭各有不幸」,而進入八大行業酒店上班【酒店小姐】【酒店公關】,涉身其中的理由或有各自的不幸,而小惠則是「三緣皆無」。所謂的「三緣」,照小惠的說法是家緣、地緣與人緣。小惠大學念的是平面設計,出社會後進入設計公司上班,後來因故被開除,隻身一人與一隻寵物貓在台北,無任何地緣連結也無任何朋友人緣。唯一的經濟收入被切斷,卻得面臨房租、生活費與貓咪的開銷。「臉皮薄」以及與家庭關係疏離,讓小惠更是難以開口向家裡求援。無緣社會中三緣盡失的小惠,麻煩還不只如此。已屆研究所畢業年限的小惠,論文進度卻不前不進,她說她需要一個可以讓她一邊上班一邊寫論文的工作,但求職網看來看去就是那些,直到前男友丟來一個她從未看過的求職網站,上面卻出現一個讓她從來也沒想過的工作職缺:對不喝酒的小惠來說,這工作首先便通過了門檻,高時薪、工時也看似能讓她有餘裕完成論文,於是她加了一個據她說像是「假網美」頭貼的帳號後,對方向她要了全身照後隨後便約她「酒店兼差面試」。面試一切比想像中奇異,進展也比想像中來得順利。「小惠」這個名字其實是個「藝名」,經紀人給小惠的人設是「鄰家女孩」般的氣質,二十出頭的大學生、需要賺取學費所以來做酒店。

梁爵 said...

台中市一家酒店經紀傳播公司的趙姓經紀人,因市場競爭激烈竟下猛藥,遊說4名未成年少女當傳播妹,其中兩人只有13歲,並媒介到俗稱「三百暢飲」的KTV酒店坐檯陪酒,直到其中一名被通報失蹤人口的13歲少女被警方尋獲,全案因此曝光,連同酒店經紀趙男也被揪出送辦,案經法官審理後,判坦承犯行的趙男4個月徒刑,得易科罰金。台中市特種行業酒店經紀競爭激烈,十多年前有業者打出喝酒收人頭費300元、無限暢飲噱頭,三百暢飲酒店就此打響名號,一時間如雨後春筍般興起,尤其是該類型酒店更以敢玩敢脫吸引酒客著稱,這些年來也形成一套完整的情色文化,且衍生出不少「膾炙人口」的色情術語。根據判決指出,台中市一家酒店經紀傳播公司的趙姓及陳姓經紀人,為迎合部分酒客喜歡「幼齒」的心態,明知該4名未成年少女其中2人年僅13歲,另2人分別為15歲、17歲,仍於2020年6月間,安排她們前往台中市一家俗稱「三百暢飲酒店」的KTV坐檯陪酒。期間因其中一名13歲少女逃家失聯,被家人通報為失蹤協尋人口,直到警方找到她雖撤銷協尋,卻意外得知她這段時間都在坐檯陪酒,且還有其他相同遭遇的少女報請檢方指揮偵辦,經前往酒店及宿舍搜索救出另3名少女,並將趙男、陳男、KTV廖姓負責人及李姓會計等4人帶回偵訊後送辦。而全案也經檢方依違反《兒童及少年性剝削防制條例》意圖營利而媒介使少年坐檯陪酒罪起訴,而趙男對犯行坦承不諱,法官審理後依意圖營利而媒介使少年坐檯陪酒罪判他4個月徒刑,得易科罰金12萬元,另沒收不法所得,全案可上訴,另3名被告則另案審理。