So, in the interest in departing in a better mood, I leave you with 10 things to be happy about.
1. Raindrops on roses and whiskers on...fuck that. I am happy that I live in a Sound of Music free zone.
2. We have to have achieved "peak stupid" right now, so it is all downhill from here. Right?
3. Pie. Banana Cream. Peach. Apple-Cranberry. Pear-Ginger. Strawberry. Pumpkin...
4. Chippy the Wonder Chipmunk and My lord Vader only have a year left to go until the mercy of term limits ends their Evil Reign of Terror.
5. We are no where near peak sheep. In fact, we need to make maximum use of marginal land for grazing. Which means lots and lots of sock yarn, beyond my dreams of wooly avarice.
6. The food is better when you live sustainably. The sex is better when you live sustainably. The two can be integrated in fascinating ways.
7. My faux-artsy photo series "1000 Decaying Hummers with Nudes" becomes easier to photograph as the price of oil rises.
8. My property contains enough burdock root and burdock burrs to feed approximately half the human population while continually reseeding. This used to be a design flaw. Now it is a feature.
9. If society collapses rapidly enough, I may never have to break out my "why you may not have a playstation" speech.
10. My life is better, richer, happier, more loving, more joyous, healthier since I took up this way of life. If I can just convince 2 billion more people of this basic truth, we're all set. I'm on it ;-).
Ok, off for real now.