Wednesday, July 12, 2006

When I started this blog...

...not quite two years ago, I announced that oil was at $50 per barrel. Early last week, it passed $75, and oil futures, I'm told, are being traded at above $80. The only good thing about this is that I stand to win my bet with my economist buddy, Steve (that oil will pass $100 per barrel within 3 years- a bet I made about 2 years ago) with plenty of time to say, "nyah, nyah." Small satisfaction that.

This is just the beginning, folks. We're looking from just before, or just after the peak, but things start going downhill pretty fast from here. I'm sure some readers believe that I'm just that wacky doomsday chick on the blog, but you cannot lose by preparing yourself now. By storing some food, and water, by adapting your home to low or no fossil fuel use. If worse comes to worse, you'll still be better off having that food, that water, that money you save. We're in an inflationary economic cycle - at a minimum, the food, woodstove and insulation you buy today will be cheaper than buying it tomorrow.

Please. If you read this, take me seriously for one moment. You can make fun of me later. You can call me a fool. But do a few things to keep yourselves safe in hard times. It can only help.

Sharon

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Thank you for the prodding, Sharon. I'm starting to talk more (in a relaxed sort of casual way) about my peak oil / sustainability prep and about cheap oil coming to an end... in my conversations with other suburban stay-at-home moms! It's a good thing, to talk with other keepers of the hearth, I think.

I really appreciate your blog and your worldview. Kudos!

Anonymous said...

酒店上班

酒店打工

酒店兼差

酒店兼職

禮服店

酒店小姐

酒店經紀

假日打工

台北酒店經紀

童裝批發

童裝批發

童裝

童裝

酒店喝酒

暑假打工

寒假打工

酒店

酒店經紀人

酒店現領

Anonymous said...

your blog is loading slowly

Anonymous said...

Хорошая статья. Действительно было интересно почитать. Не часто такое и встречается та.Наверное стоит подписаться на ваше RSS

Unknown said...

Dell Latitude E6510 battery
Compaq Presario CQ61 Battery
Battery for Dell Studio 1558s
HP Compaq 6715b Power Adapter
HP Compaq 6715b battery
HP EliteBook 8460p battery
HP 484170-001 Laptop Battery
Dell Vostro 3500 Laptop Charger
Acer Aspire AS07A31 Battery
HP Compaq CQ60 Battery
Dell studio 1737 Battery
Dell inspiron 1520 Batteryss
Dell Inspiron 1520 charger s
Dell d610 charger s
Dell d520 charger